There is a $50 administrative fee when booking a cosmetic consultation. This fee will be charged to your credit card at the time of booking. If the appointment is reschedule with 48 hr notice, the $50 will transfer to another appointment but it is non refundable. If surgery or any office procedure is booked within 6 months, the $50 will apply to the cost of the procedure. This does not apply to insurance consultations, 2nd opinions, or legal consultations. Insurance consults are responsible for paying the Specialty Office copay + $25 for a pre-determination report.
Payment and Financing for Cosmetic Operations
We participate with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Georgia, United Health Care, Coventry, Cigna, Aetna, Medicare and Humana (pending). We accept payment from them for your reconstructive surgery. You are responsible for co-pays and deductibles. Insurance will not pay for cosmetic surgery or treatment.
How do I find out if insurance will cover my surgery?
For major reconstructive surgery, we submit for you a pre-authorization letter with your diagnosis and procedure codes. Your insurer will usually require photographs also. Your insurer may have other requirements that you need to meet. Your insurer will usually take about 6 weeks to pre-authorize surgery. Before your surgery, you pay in advance co-pays and deductibles.
We offer Care Credit financing for major cosmetic surgery. We will give you the information you need about CareCredit. You apply on-line. In our Buckhead office, we have a computer where you can apply before you leave. This way, if a question arises about your surgery, you can ask our staff immediately for the information. For more information on CareCredit or to apply for CareCredit please visit www.carecredit.com.
Using your credit card is another way to finance surgery. Be sure you know your card’s interest rate.
If you have a good relationship with your bank, it may be worth your time to see if you can arrange a bank loan directly. These may have lower interest rates than Care Credit or a credit card.
What if Dr. Morgan doesn’t participate with my insurer?
You will usually need to pay for your surgery in advance and submit forms to your insurer for reimbursement. We will give you all the documents you need from us to do this.
What if my insurer won’t approve my surgery or won’t reimburse me?
You can accept the decision or you can appeal. Your insurer will tell you how to do this. You will already have from us the documents and codes that you need.
Out of Town Patient Program.
- Call us and let us know what procedure you may want.
- We will schedule a telephone consultation for you with Dr. Morgan.
- A Skype consultation is also available.
- You will send us the completed medical history before the consultation – and photographs. (Photographs of private areas are best printed and mailed, not sent on the internet.)
- We can give you an estimate for the surgery and all the information about risks.
- We see you the day before surgery.
- We can help you arrange lodging and nursing care after surgery, if needed.
- It is best to plan on staying in the area for 2 or more days after surgery.
- You need to stay longer if you have surgery taking more than 4 hours or if you have a tummy tuck.
Private Waiting Room
Some people take their privacy very seriously.
We have a private waiting room available and a private exit.